sean, bill or someone help

nathan

ok guys I need help. I have possibility of a trade. A person has a 1970 owens Concorde 27 foot cabin cruiser with a fly bridge. does anyone know any thing about these boats? I am going to look at it tomorrow because it is a cabin cruiser that I would trade a pontoon for it is a no brainer unless it is in terrible shape.

Sean

All I know about cabin cruisers is you have to check the price of fuel...

IIRC that owens Concorde might be a wood boat (even in 1970), So If it were me I'd have a professional survey done. If she needs hull work....well you will not be boating for a while.

nathan

Thanks Sean for the link. I believe by the pictures and talking with the owner it is fiberglass. we will see tomorrow. the guy is getting rid of it because he lost his storage place and it is to large to keep at his house. it is supposed to be fully loaded like a camper in a boat. I will report back when I know some thing.

Sean

I'd be goning through the bilge with a fine tooth comb. Looking for stains, discolourations, wear on bolt heads, sealer around joints...anything out of place.

If it's a balsa core fiberglass your looking to see if the balsa has saturated/ rotted.
...and I'd still get a professional survey done. It costs quite a bit to have one of those parked at the marina.

nathan

the worst part of looking at some older boats is the fact that there is not a lot of info out there if it is not a big manufacturer or one with a huge following.

nathan

ok I went and look and even though it is in decent shape I think I have decided to pass. it needs more work than my pocket book can handle. plus with it being 10' 6" wide I would have to have a permit to trailer it. and since I trailer every time that would get expensive. plus that my wife reminded me Chrysler engines and me do not seem to get along.