replacing swim ladder

Peels

I have a 2004 glastron sx175-Im looking to replace (or supplement) my stock boat ladder. My wife feels awkward climbing out with the single step swing down ladder so Im looking for an extended one.

it has a split transom, with the right side having an indent, and the ladder mounted below. and flatter on the left. But only has about 6" of flat tranwsom to mount to.

http://classyboats.com/image.php?image_id=667811

first idea: there is a ladder for sale that fits right under there with an additional telsecoping step. And just replace the stock one there.... but its only 15" further... are there any that mount like that (under the lip) with more steps? not having much luck looking.

2nd idea: Leave the stock one there. and add a secondary ladder to the left side of the transom. This is what Id prefer to do.... but, I know there are tons of top mount telescoping ladders.. no room to top mount. But, their mounts LOOK like they would work against a flat vertical ransom. but I'm unsure.

anyone have examples of what I might need to look for?

again Id only have about 5-6" of flat transom to mount to on the left if I go that route.

thanks. :)

Tablerocker

You and I are kind of in "the same boat"...lol! I have a top mount that fold overs and extends three steps down but man! As I've uh...put on a few pounds over the years, sometimes that first step is a doozy! :eek:

I think you'd be happiest if you can find a replacement for your stock location that telescopes out. Browsing around I've seen a few that I'm sure you already saw if you've looked around much.

My brother's Rinker Captiva has one of the best boarding ladders I've had the pleasure of using, it extends down deep into the water but folds up on itself and stows away nicely.

Peels

You and I are kind of in "the same boat"...lol! I have a top mount that fold overs and extends three steps down but man! As I've uh...put on a few pounds over the years, sometimes that first step is a doozy! :eek:

I think you'd be happiest if you can find a replacement for your stock location that telescopes out. Browsing around I've seen a few that I'm sure you already saw if you've looked around much.

My brother's Rinker Captiva has one of the best boarding ladders I've had the pleasure of using, it extends down deep into the water but folds up on itself and stows away nicely.

right on! just want it to be comfortable for the mrs....

looks were going with the drop in. SAME EXACT mounting... AND telescopes as well as folds up.

stock is about 15" down...the telescoping one is 24 I think. should help alot.

thanks folks.