Old Rowboat

Kevhed

I have a old rowboat and I am trying to find the make and model of boat it is and I was where I can find a tag or something to Identify it,it's a 14 foot rowboat.I can be reached by e-mail kbenson@columbus.rr.com

Last edited:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kevhead,

How old is the rowboat?

If it's really old, it might be made before they were using tags.

One place you could try looking, is on the back right hand side of the transom, normally most boats built after the early to mid 70's, had a HIN (Hull Identification Number) stamped into the transom area.

The first three letters of that HIN number, correspond to a manufacturer's code.

Not sure if that's a help, but I thought I'd throw it out there. :)

-Chris

Kevhed

Hi Kevhead,

How old is the rowboat?

If it's really old, it might be made before they were using tags.

One place you could try looking, is on the back right hand side of the transom, normally most boats built after the early to mid 70's, had a HIN (Hull Identification Number) stamped into the transom area.

The first three letters of that HIN number, correspond to a manufacturer's code.

Not sure if that's a help, but I thought I'd throw it out there. :)

-Chris
Yeah I looked and there is nothing there but the state of Ohio has now gave me aa tag to put there and another one to put in another spot that I only know where it would be but it doesn't help me in fiinding what kind of boat mine is so it must mean that it is older then mid 70's then huh . Well thanks for the help II do appreciaate it. Take Care Kevin (A.K.A. Kevhed)