NHL 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The regular season is right around the corner! :bounce:

The Leafs seem to be a bit better this year, with the new additions they've made.

Hopefully they'll make the playoffs this year, but hope springs eternal as the saying goes.

Anyone else a hockey fan?

If so, what team are you cheering for and how do you think they'll do this year? :)

Go Leafs Go!

-Chris

john lamon

I'll be honest, for a guy that lives in Sask. I don't follow it as much as most people around here, but I do watch quite a few games through out the year and always watch the playoffs.

I've always been an Oilers fan at heart.

You ever hear of Quintin Laing? he played for the kelowna rockets in the WHL and then the Hershey bears in the AHL for quite a few years and the last two years with the Washington capitals, he didn't have a contract this year so he is waiting to get called up.

Anyway he lives across the street from me when it's not hockey season.

Chris E

i sure hope the leafs do better, they only have one way to go, but i am highly doubtful they will make the playoffs, and if they do, they'll be gone in the first round.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be honest, for a guy that lives in Sask. I don't follow it as much as most people around here, but I do watch quite a few games through out the year and always watch the playoffs.

I've always been an Oilers fan at heart.

You ever hear of Quintin Laing? he played for the kelowna rockets in the WHL and then the Hershey bears in the AHL for quite a few years and the last two years with the Washington capitals, he didn't have a contract this year so he is waiting to get called up.

Anyway he lives across the street from me when it's not hockey season.
John,

If the Jets come back to the 'Peg, would you be cheering? Or would you stick with cheering for the 'Oil?

Cool story about Quintin. :thumb:

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
i sure hope the leafs do better, they only have one way to go, but i am highly doubtful they will make the playoffs, and if they do, they'll be gone in the first round.
I sure hope the Leafs do better too. I think they'll make the playoffs, but I'm probably the only one and I'm probably dreamin'. I'm not sure if they've got the guys right now to make the playoffs, but I think Burke will pick up a few more guys early in the season that will get them in contention for a playoff spot. The one thing the Leafs now have are some assets that they can use for trade bait.

I can't wait 'til Thursday night! :thumb:

There ain't much boating and cottaging left to do, so at least I've got hockey to tide me over 'til spring. :)

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey the Leafs are 2-0 ya gotta like that...if you're a leaf fan that is. :D

-Chris