NEW PROJECT!!!

Sean

Just made a deal last night on a 1969 Donzi Ski Sporter (Sweet 16).
No motor or drive. The hull has just been re-furbished & the deck is a mess but, I plan to install a mahogany deck!

I have to pick it up on Long Island NY.

This one should be cool!

Sean

Okay,
It looks like the trailer for this boat is a POS. The seller will only knock off $100 for it. I can't really get it across the boarder so, I have to borrow a trailer. Not the easiest job this time of year!

Sean

donzi1_zps33073093.jpg.html

hodgify

Hey Sean did you get your project boat from the states ? If not I know where there is a Donzi knock off hull that looks in good shape , and it has a double axle trailer for about $1500.00 . Motor and out drive were just removed but everything else is there. I am tempted but I just don't have room Two boats and one project boat is about all the wife will live with.
Hodgify

Sean

Yes, this Ski Sporter is from Long Island NY. I have not picked it up yet (planning the weekend of the 16th).It's nice because the hull has already been done. The deck has had a lot of work also but, I don't think I'm using it.

Is the trailer decent on Donzi splash? I need a trailer!!!
You can e-mail; me details dcsconroy@gmail.com
Thanks S.

Sean

heading to Long Island next weekend. Think I may have found a trailer to buy for the Donzi. If so, I can put the Greavette away for the winter (it's snowing today) and have one less thing to worry about for next weekend.

Sean

Well, roll the dice....
I put the Greavette away yesterday as I just couldn't bear to see it outside in the weather any longer.
I'm going to Fenlon Falls Ontario to see a new (to me) trailer tomorrow. It's a Shorelandr' that was used once about 4 years ago to bring a 17' boat about 20 miles from the dealer to the lake.... than it sat.
If this is NOT the trailer for me then, my whole trip to Long Island NY will have to be cancelled... and then who knows when I'll get my new old Donzi 16???

Sean

2,400 kms round trip from Friday 8AM to Sat (really Sun) 1AM. All home safe & sound.

Beautiful drive. Loved Long Island and will have to go back some summer. The ferry ride to Conneticut was fun. Found some good food and nice people.

HATED driving through NYC. Crappy roads, poorly marked, too much construction, too much congestion, $25 toll charge (with a trailer) on the G. Washington bridge is almost extorsion. This followed by a $15 charge a couple miles down at the next bridge.

I regularly drive in Toronto which is a large city. I have driven in Los Angeles, Chicago and even Montreal (where they are crazy) but have no comparison as to how bad NYC drivers are.... Will never drive there again.

Sean

Didn't get the "Seanzi" away in time!!!
15cm (6') of snow on Saturday, didn't shovel till Sunday. Po'd because we don't really get much snow till mid/late Dec....
Had to scoop out of the boat as I was waiting to move the boat before installing the tarp.
Now I have to find an indoor haven to thaw, drain cover and store the "SEANZI"

Peels

you keep that white stuff up there, please.. :)

A nightmare scenario for me just might involve ME having to scoop snow out of my boat :(

good luck.

Sean

How far north are you? North of Amarillo?
Snow in Texas.... not really?

Oh, now I see....You're not in Texas...You're in Corn country!
I used to visit Muscatine frequently. They get some snow there.

Last edited:

nathan

was that a shot at me :rof: I am in the middle of texas. and the last couple of days we have been in the 30 degree f. and raining. we have had a chance of snow but have not seen any yet.

Sean

No, not intentionally a shot at you Nathan.... For some reason I was thinking Peels was in Texas...and complaining about snow. Then I saw the IOWA State flag and had to edit... :)

If you're from Iowa you're allowed to complain about snow.