new newb

venom97

New to the forum and boating as well. Went out a lot last summer on my buddies boat and just picked up my first. Look foward to being a part of the site and apologize in advance for all the newbie questions I will be asking! Lol.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
New to the forum and boating as well. Went out a lot last summer on my buddies boat and just picked up my first. Look foward to being a part of the site and apologize in advance for all the newbie questions I will be asking! Lol.
Welcome aboard.

Do I gather based on your username you've got a Hydrostream? :)

-Chris

venom97

Thanks, I had a 97 cobra mustang a while back. Always been into mustangs and now have another hobby to add! Lol. I bought a 90 reinell 196.

nathan

welcome to the site. hope we can help with your questions. remember we always like pictures.

Sean

Hey Venom...welcome.
This is a great place and we like to hear about you, your boat, what you're workin' on, your questions, your answers, where you're boating, stories of all kinds and of course pictures!

venom97

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I don't have many pics since I just picked it up but ill post up a couple that I have. I bought it and was told it has a cracked block. I've got a replacement 350 for it already but I guess I need to swap in some brass freeze plugs. It will only be used in fresh water. The motor I got has an edelbrock cam and I still need to get the specs for it. The boat has corsa thru hull exhaust and a pretty nice stereo set up in it. Can't wait to get it running and get it on the water next spring!

5Ie5L55Ha3I23F83Leca3afad24f56a0f1b0d.jpg

Sean

Hey, That looks nice!
Do you have any idea what the deadrise is? (How deep the deep V bottom is)

venom97

Thanks for the insight Sean! Should be pretty calm waters most of the time around here but I'll do some reading up on this!

Sean

I was interested because I'm looking for a project hull....and yours looks great.
The traditional "go fast" boats Donzi, Fountain, Sutphen etc... are usually quite pricey even in project form.

I'm looking for a boat that'll handle rougher water.

Sean

Just take a picture directly from the rear....
It's much easier to measure....

S :)