New Member not new to Boating

Jnoel

Hi Guys, This stuff is all new to me (Forms, Blogging ect.) But not new to boating. Only boating 23 years and still learning. That's why I'm here. Currently in the navagational area. I want to be helpful in answering anything on Navionics chart.

Fun Times

Hi Guys, This stuff is all new to me (Forms, Blogging ect.) But not new to boating. Only boating 23 years and still learning. That's why I'm here. Currently in the navagational area. I want to be helpful in answering anything on Navionics chart.
Hi, :welcome: What type of boating do you do fresh of salt water or rivers? And what city and state do you live in.:)

captain don

Hello, new menber Captain Don here. I am restoring a 32 ft Trojan and have some questions and will surely have more. Looking forward to the information you all can give me now and later. First I need to know does a port engine always turn counter clockwise or is this achieved by reverseing the transmission? Thanks , Captain Don

dave

one engine rotates clockwise the other counter-clockwise, it's not done in the transmission.

Fun Times

Hello, new menber Captain Don here. I am restoring a 32 ft Trojan and have some questions and will surely have more. Looking forward to the information you all can give me now and later. First I need to know does a port engine always turn counter clockwise or is this achieved by reverseing the transmission? Thanks , Captain Don
Hi,I was Just curious on what engine/drive set up you have and the year?

Fun Times

Have Chrysler 318s with velvet drives

Engine Rotation​
Engine rotation is determined by observing flywheel
rotation from the rear (stern end) of the engine looking
forward (toward water pump end). Propeller rotation
is not necessarily the same as engine rotation.
When ordering replacement engine, short blocks or
parts for engine, be certain to check engine rotation.
Do not rely on propeller rotation in determining engine
rotation.​
72001​
Standard Left-Hand Rotation