my crownie

Old Hickory

finally had the time to post pics of my 20ft Crownline. These were taken at Centerhill lake on july 4th. Boat has a 5.0 liter chevy mercruiser w/ alpha drive. Not sure about the prop; it's stainless and seen better days. havn't gps'd the speed yet; speedo on the dash has me around 50mph.

Boat wasn't made for speed; handles rough water well; and is just about perfect as family boats go.

Hick

Attachments

• crownline2.jpg
    crownline2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 27
  • crownline3.jpg
    crownline3.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 23

Fun Times

finally had the time to post pics of my 20ft Crownline. These were taken at Centerhill lake on july 4th. Boat has a 5.0 liter chevy mercruiser w/ alpha drive. Not sure about the prop; it's stainless and seen better days. havn't gps'd the speed yet; speedo on the dash has me around 50mph.

Boat wasn't made for speed; handles rough water well; and is just about perfect as family boats go.

Hick
Crownlines are nice looking boats, And yours looks nice. And 50mph is fast enough for the fuel you are saving.;):):cheers:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting those pics Hick. :)

It looks really nice. :thumb:

Hopefully not too nice that you don't find time for the Check restoration. ;) :D

-Chris

Old Hickory

Thanks for posting those pics Hick. :)

It looks really nice. :thumb:

Hopefully not too nice that you don't find time for the Check restoration. ;) :D

-Chris

thanks Chris,

The wife wanted a boat this summer and unfortunately I wasn't going to have the Enforcer completed in time. I always had my eye on a Crownline and almost bought the same year model new(black stripe w/gold and red accents). Glad I waited because I paid less than a third of what I would have forked out back in 1998.

I'll try to keep everyone here on "Endless" posted with some links on the Enforcers progress; I'll be taking it pretty slow this this year and hope to ramp it up in 2010.

Hick

204 Escape

Nice looking Crownline boat !!!!!! The Crownline boats have always had a clean line to them !!!!

Our 20'-1" F/S deck boat with the same engine, runs out at about 49-50 mph as well. Fast enough.

We had a 21' Viper Coral, with a 225 Merc on it, and it ran uptowards the 72 mph mark.

BUT, the Viper was a lot lighter boat. IMO, not as well built as our LARSON. It was a classy boat, and had GREAT lines, even in the water just setting still.

Speed ain't everything !!!!!!!! ;)

Fun Times

Nice looking Crownline boat !!!!!! The Crownline boats have always had a clean line to them !!!!

Our 20'-1" F/S deck boat with the same engine, runs out at about 49-50 mph as well. Fast enough.

We had a 21' Viper Coral, with a 225 Merc on it, and it ran uptowards the 72 mph mark.

BUT, the Viper was a lot lighter boat. IMO, not as well built as our LARSON. It was a classy boat, and had GREAT lines, even in the water just setting still.

That was running prety good at 72 mph, For the first thing in the morning;):bigthumb: [flat water]:)

dave

anyone who is unsure of what prop the should be using should check out www.mermaidmarine.com the is a prop wizard tool on threre, just put in the make of bout,ect and it will give you your choises for speed, towing in aliminum and stainless. i don't reccomend stainless unless you are in the ocean or in a lake you know very well. it is much cheaper to replace an aliminum prop because it was hit than it is to repair a drive. i seen stainless props with hardly any marks in them and the gears destroyed in the drive.

Old Hickory

It's funny you say that.... we launched on the 4th and my wife was holding the crownie while I was parking the trailer. There were a bunch of kids playing in the water while about a half dozen boats were going down the ramp; a little girl came up to my wife and said "I've seen a bunch of boats today; and I like yours the best" that was right after a Regal and a Cobalt had just hit the water. Out of the mouth of babes:D

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hick,

You should upload some of your pics to the Crownline category in the photo gallery.

Maybe you'll get something started and some more Crownline owners will follow. :)

-Chris

Old Hickory

I'll do that. I only have a few right now, but as soon as spring hits I'll be sure to take a bunch more and post. Until then I'll post what I have.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I'll do that. I only have a few right now, but as soon as spring hits I'll be sure to take a bunch more and post. Until then I'll post what I have.
Awesome!

I would appreciate that. :)

Personally speaking, spring can't come soon enough for me! :yell: :)

-Chris