Hi

JCRAFT

Nice site Chris, It took me a while but I made it over. Looks like there's alot of intresting reading.
Has anyone here ever had a J-Craft ski boat?
Andy

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard Andy. :)

Thanks for joining us. :thumb:

I haven't personally had a JCraft but I've always liked them. We've got a few on our lake.

One guy has one with a 235 Johnnyrude that runs pretty strong. :)

JCRAFT

They were a Canadian boat so there very rare around here, I only ever saw one other. Mine was an 18' with a 175 Yamaha, it would do 62 on a perfect day but power and handling were it's strong points. It would pull like no tomarrow and corner on a dime, I wish I still had it for skiing.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
They were a Canadian boat so there very rare around here, I only ever saw one other. Mine was an 18' with a 175 Yamaha, it would do 62 on a perfect day but power and handling were it's strong points. It would pull like no tomarrow and corner on a dime, I wish I still had it for skiing.
At one time, the factory used to be on the highway on the way to my cottage. It was on HWY #11 in Orillia. If I remember correctly, it actually burnt down at one point.

I think John Spaeth now has some of the moulds to the J's, and last I heard was still building some of them, along with the classic 'Streams as well as a few other types of hulls. :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I know John's son as he is a member of our sister forums.

John himself does lurk on the Check site from time to time as well as some of the other boating sites from time to time. But John's not much of a computer guy for the most part.

If you llike, I can drop his son Chris a line and see if I can twist his arm into popping around to answer questions about what J's they're building at their shop.

Let me know if that's helpful. :)