Hi There

Firebolt420

Just joined and got time to say 'Hello'. I am living in SW Michigan and have a 74 Checkmate MX 16 with a Merc 115 TOP that is a work in progress that I don't get enough time on the weekends for. When I bought it had no motor or tank and wiring was in need of upgrade.

After about 2 months it is almost there. It now has a dual battery setup and a new 19 gal tank, and all new wiring run throughout.

I still have some work to do but felt the overwhelming monster sneaking up on me and had to take a weekend away from it and gather my thoughts and wits. I'm back at it this weekend to finish up some loose ends and fasten down floppy parts:bigthumb:

Sean

That boat is awesome!

Back in '74, my friends family had that exact boat (even the same colour) brand new. It was the first performance boat I ever rode in.

It's great to see a survivor.

Firebolt420

Thanks for the welcomes and complements, the Checkmate is so close to being sea worthy. The plan is to finish up this weekend and next, the part fairy showed up while I was in PA this past week with some of the finishing touches.

After that it is new bearings and shoes for the trailer and a camping trip at Gun Lake then the next weekend is a long haul trip into Peels neighborhood for what I'll call my lil Boat Rodeo.