Chrysler 35 HP only runs on one cylinder WHY??

Richard443

i have a 35 hp Chrysler motor and it will idle like a dream but as i accelerate i will lose one cylinder. the lower cylinder will continue to cut in and out as it wants. every once in a whle it will hit and stay running on 2 cylinders only to drop back out again. i have replaced spark plugs / Points / Condenser / Checked thereed valves / and the compression is good and both cylinders are almost identical. the top cylinder that is running the plug id dark brown the lower cylinder plug is white and wet with fuel. i turn the motor over and i get a strong looking spark on both cylinders......... What am i missing??? HELP

Richard443

I figured it out.... i should always listen to the voices in my head "Dont complicate it" ... the lower fuel pump diaphragm was ripped allowing the lower cylinder to suck in raw fuel. replaced the diaphragm and this thing runs like a top.
Thanks

Fun Times

Awesome to hear you figured it all out @Richard443 and thanks for the update of what the issue was as it helps keep ideas of what could be wrong fresh in the memory banks for us and other boaters out there still to come that may be experience the same things you had. ;)

Be safe!