Brunswick to cut up to 4000 jobs

Cooperider

All this is starting to make me want to take a second look at their motors. Because if they run Mercury like they do these boat companies. Thats just asking for trouble.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, their motors have always been stout - their hull divisions however.... :rolleyes:

creeljd

Are you considering the supply/demand oil issues currently affecting the market, not to mention Hubbard's Peak theory? It's a hard reality to face but all boaters should be prepared to acknowledge the impact of energy prices on the boating market. Brunswick is a business just like any other, they have to be able to react quickly to the market or fail. I don't want to see them or any other boating manufacturer fail and so I not only accept their position, I expected it.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Are you considering the supply/demand oil issues currently affecting the market, not to mention Hubbard's Peak theory? It's a hard reality to face but all boaters should be prepared to acknowledge the impact of energy prices on the boating market. Brunswick is a business just like any other, they have to be able to react quickly to the market or fail. I don't want to see them or any other boating manufacturer fail and so I not only accept their position, I expected it.
creel, did you read the other thread about Brunswick?

They were de-listed from the S&P 500 and their credit rating has been downgraded. They have fallen on tough times no doubt.

-Chris