boat sunk

dave

got a phone call this morning and my boat was sunk. flushed out the engine 4 times and got her running and all is ok, put it back in the water and it runs fine.

th_100_2878.jpg

th_100_2888.jpg

Last edited:

dave

high winds blew in the cove last night and waves came over the stern and sank it.

Wow, those must of been some high winds! I would of been poopin' a brick if you know what I mean if I had that phone call.

I'm in the middle of a restore and I've been debating on whether to add foam or to leave it out. Thanks for answering that for me.

Fun Times

Sorry to here your boat went down like that. Is that the engine you planed on checking out this winter just to be sure it's a good engine???

Chris E

you'll be replacing a lot of parts over the next while as the water does the damage, watch out the following:
shift and throttle cables,
shift cable (drive end)
wiring harness
all solenoids,
trim pump motor
all electrical components
main engine circuit breaker

if you don't already have one, install a water separating fuel filter, you'll need it. good luck, sunk boats aren't bad, but the gremlins are.

dave

the harness, trim pump, shift cables all stayed on the high side but i will still strip it all out and check it all anyways.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear this Dave.

I hope everything works out fine in the end. :thumb:

-Chris