any winter projects?

dave

i am going to rebuild my engine this winter. it is in at nova automotive getting bored out .020'' over and i am getting them to install new cam bearings in the block for the new performance marine camshaft. after i get the garage finished i will put the boat in and get to work. anyone else have any plans?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, unfortunately, they're not marine related though.

I'm gonna do a little work in the basement. Gonna take down the old paneling and then paint it up. If I can find the energy and time, I might make some wall units for the flatscreen and the stereo. :)

-Chris

dave

it should keep your mind off of boating for awhile anyways, i like working on boats as much as cruising so it's all fun.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
it should keep your mind off of boating for awhile anyways, i like working on boats as much as cruising so it's all fun.
Me too. Unfortunately, I don't have garage space at home though. Wish I did!

I'd love to build a nice work shop up at the cottage one day though.

That one is on the "wish list". :D

-Chris

dave

i got to try and stand up the walls and get the rafters up today in the wind, this should be intersting.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Brace everything really good Dave.

I'm not sure if you went the premade truss way, but what I usually do is, I stack the trusses up towards one end of the house, and then slide them along and then stand them up, one by one.

If you take a long 2x4 and cut the end to a V, you can also get someone on the ground, to help push on them from below to stand them up, which makes it alot easier to stand them up. Once you've got them standing, you can toenail them on the rafter end or better yet secure them using hurricane ties.

As you work your way along, just keep bracing them really well, so that they don't tip over in a domino fashion.

-Chris