1994 Mercury Seapro MLH 55

Warrian

Help!

I can't seem to find any info on this particular engine of mine.
I'm looking to add electric start capabilities but can't seem to find any electric starters that specify this engine as compatible. There are many on Amazon that mention 40-50-60 hp, but none for the 55. One dealer quoted a massive amount of $$ and said it was a commercial grade engine.
Any help here would be appreciated, good motors, name brands, etc.

I've ordered this one: https://www.amazon.ca/Electrical-19...e+40+45+50+60&qid=1565057900&s=gateway&sr=8-1

...and hoping for the best!

C

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Warrian,

A number of years ago I was looking for a part for my old 60's Merc. The part was actually obsolete. I used an online marine salvage and was able to get the part from them.

Have you tried looking at that approach?

-Chris

Warrian

Hi Warrian,

A number of years ago I was looking for a part for my old 60's Merc. The part was actually obsolete. I used an online marine salvage and was able to get the part from them.

Have you tried looking at that approach?

-Chris
That’s a good idea Chris thank you. I did find the part number from the Mercury website, which I must say has every engine they’ve ever made as PDF interactive files. Very helpful. 50-44369A1 is the part I need, ordered one from Amazon (Sierra design) it arrived in 2 days. Doesn’t fit my mounts in engine! I don’t get it.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I could remember the name of the salvage website I used. They were great to deal with. They also had an oddball tool that was needed as well. I think they had a location on the west coast and also one in Vancouver.

Let us know how you ultimately make out!

-Chris